Breaking The Silence Video Contest
Become part of a movement that will inspire the world through acceptance, support and inclusion of those affected by mental illness. Share your voice by creating a 1 minute video that creatively expresses your ideas on how to ‘Break The Silence’ and eliminate the stigma associated with mental health.
Please make sure that you read the Complete Official Rules before creating your video.
1. Cash prize of $500 to be awarded to the best video.
2. The contest is open to anyone. However if you are under 18, you must have your parent or guardian's consent to enter.
3. Video are to be a maximum of 1 minute in length with no professional assistance. Anything longer will not be judged
4. Video content: Make sure you get permission to use any locations featured in your video, and permission from any individual (or his/her parent/guardian, if the individual is a minor) who appears in your video. Please do not take part in -- or allow or encourage anyone else to take part in -- any activity that may cause harm or that is illegal.
5. Videos will be disqualified if they: * are not an original creation or have been used in association with another contest or promotion * are illegal or promote illegal activities * are not appropriate or in good taste * promote or attack brand names * use copyrighted materials or otherwise infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any party * are defamatory, untrue, or obscene * contain nudity, profanity or sexual innuendo * are violent * display illegal drug or alcohol use * discriminate based on grounds set out in Human Rights codes or other applicable legislation * are in any way in breach of the Official Rules.
6. Don't use music that is copyrighted and that you don't have permission to use or your video will be disqualified.
7. The person submitting a video must read and agree to the Contest's Official Rules.
8. Judging: A panel of judges selected by Breaking The Silence Board of Directors (the “Contest Judges”) will review all eligible submissions received before the Contest Closing Date of May 31, 2019 and will choose the winning submissions based on originality, creativity, persuasiveness, relevance of the message, understanding of mental health, and how ‘inspirational’ the video is.
9. The decisions of the Contest Judges are final and binding on all entrants. The chances of being selected as the winner depends on the number and calibre of eligible submissions received.
10. Tie breakers will be determined by most shares on social media.
RegisterJoin us on June 8th, 2019
Millwoods Recreation Centre
(7207 - 28 Ave)
Sponsor a Participant
If you know a someone who is participating, donate to their fundraising goal.
If you can't join us this year, but still want to support the cause, follow this link.